Using our extensive experience in construction related disputes, we are fully aware of the process of dealing with independent problem projects or projects that are contained within a portfolio of projects.
Our people are experienced in assisting our clients (be they banks, investors’ or private residential owners) when projects fail for any number of reasons:
- Failure to progress
- Insolvency of one or more parties
- Failure to achieve the quality desired
- Cost overruns
- Programme overruns
- Stakeholder relationship breakdowns
- Poor communication between contractual parties
- Many other reasons
With our complimentary and overlapping project delivery and dispute service we are able to provide bespoke solutions to our clients depending on their brief, where we can pursue a claim or provide a defence to disputed issues, whilst also progressing the project to completion thereby minimising long term disruption to our clients and their assets.
As part of this service we are able to:
- Provide project management, contract administration and / or bank monitoring services for the close out of defects including management of the rectification works
- Provide strategic management alongside the client’s legal team in any dispute
- Provide witness evidence in our capacity of managing the rectifications works, (i.e. as Project Manager or Contract Administrator) in support of proceedings against any other party to a contract
- Provide expert reports in relation to the identification and valuation of defects
The benefit of this joined up service, is that we are able to get involved early in the identification and selection of suitable replacement contractors to rectify / complete any incomplete or defective work, using market rates to provide an accurate valuation of recovery for our client and then manage the rectification work by the very same contractors, thus providing realistic cost recovery and limiting the risk of under-recovery.
Get in touch
Contact us today to find out how we can help you